- What did you like about my music video?
- How could I have changed my music video to improve it?
- What genre do you recognise this as?
- Do you think the music video links with the Album and Magazine Adverts?
- Would you buy the album?
Girl - Aged 17
2. Less
performance more narrative, there was a lot of singing at the start and it
might have been better with more of the narrative so we could get to know the
character more.
3. Pop
4. I like that she is wearing the same coat in the music video
that she is wearing on the album cover, and I like that there is a picture of
the album cover on the magazine cover.
5. Yes.
1. I like the use of similar people to show and make contrasts
with what the actress could have had and what she ended up with. I also like
the strong emotions at the end when the girl looked and her splitting image
like as if she is regretting her decision. The video emphasizes the theme of
journey and moving forward really, I think this particular theme is trending in
the music industry.
2.The producer/editor could have had used more ‘dark’ effects.
The video is too happy and bright throughout the ‘story’. Perhaps some vintage
effects would be more suitable for the song choice.
3. This is in my opinion - pop genre
4. The video links with the digipack and the magazine cover
really well as it supports the song and the theme of video. The use of close
ups and expression of the strong features of the artist fits in well for the
artist.
5. Yes, this is my sort of genre and I see a lot of potential
in the artist, I hope to see more clever ingenuity in future videos.
Boy - Aged 17
1. I liked the reverse after they breakup and the camerawork
was very good.
2. Nothing to improve
3. Indie
4. Yeah
5. Yes – because I like the album cover
Girl - Aged 17
1. I liked the storytelling in the video and the narrative contrast with the performance aspect
2. Maybe vary the angles and shots a bit more so you see the
artist from a different perspective to make it more interesting.
3. Indie
4. Definitely- I think this is very clear and makes it
successful
5. Yes I thought it was very convincing and there was a good
connection with the audience too
From the feedback which I have received I think that I could have included more narrative like I did at the end of the music video so then I wouldn't loose the audience at the beginning of the music video. I think I should of planned in more detail and been more precise on what I wanted to get out of the music video.
I was surprised how effective my music video was to the audience and that they would buy the album. I think this might of been the way I advertised the music artist in my magazine advert and on the album cover in a way that it linked to the music video and the audience could make a connection with the music artist.
No comments:
Post a Comment